ABOUT COLLEGE WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL
Women Empowerment Cell of NTR Degree College for Women Mahabubnagar is established with the motto of “towards self empowered mind“. The cell aims to empower girl students and faculty, enhance their understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for girls and women and to address the practical issues related to the welfare and equal opportunities for Women faculty, staff and students.
With a view to take up women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society. Added to it suggestions for improvement and empowerment among themselves has been given. Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programs and other welfare activities.
To promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the College and to provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women and enable them to explore their imminent potential in all aspects.
To train women to acquire wide range of skills and knowledge and to develop and increase their social, economic and intellectual capacities for peace, security and prosperity of mankind.
· Identification of strong leadership, change-makers among women and girls and building their capacity.
· To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
· To organize awareness programs on gender sensitization.
· The provision of opportunities and programs for girls and women to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
· To conduct seminars and workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
· Arranging seminars to create awareness on the economic, social, political, and legal rights of women.
· Organizing different activities tomake women aware of their health, sports, self-defense etc.
· Conducting various competitions to encourage their artistic talents for creative thinking
· To highlight the importance of spirituality, health, hygiene and safety
· Celebration of International Womens Day on March 8th, every year
· To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, scientists at the earliest so that they can be “job providers” rather than “job seekers”.
· Counseling services for resident and non – resident students
WOMEN POWER OF THE COLLEGE-OUR STUDENTS
INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY 8TH MARCH