The department of Biotechnology was established in the academic year 2004-05. when restructured courses were first established in Govt. college. Biotechnology with allied subjects botany and chemistry has sanctioned with a strength of 30 students. At present the Biotechnology laboratory is fully equipped with instruments such as Microscopes, Laminar air flow, Oven, Incubator, Centrifuge, Autoclave, Spectrometer, Hotplate and sufficient glassware. The department has its own Library with books in Biotechnology both of Indian and Foreign authors.
- To leave an everlasting impression in the field of Biotechnology, by implementing expertise in designing innovative projects, for the better, faster and accurate techniques.
- To produce Biotechnology graduates who will be employable in core Biotech/Pharma industries and domain based software services.
- To make the students to become an excellent researcher or Scientist in Biotechnology research field to discover unique products for societal need.
- To impart training for improvement of moral and professional skills in the practical field of Biotechnology.
- To enable the graduates to identify, analyze, design and solve problems related to the field of Biotechnology with a strong foundation on basic sciences.
- Developing skills to carry out experiments listed in syllabus and to implement individual group project.